Green, Electric and Hybrid Car Guide
- Green Car News
- Alternative Fuels & Biofuels for Cars
- Low Emission Buses
- Car Clubs & Sharing Schemes
- Car Emissions & Environmental Issues
- Car Reviews and Road Tests
- Commercial Vehicles
- Concept Cars
- Fuel Economy
- Electric Bikes & Scooters
- Electric Cars UK
- Electric Vehicles
- Green Fleets
- Green Motoring Awards & Events
- Green Car Hire Companies
- Hybrid Cars
- Green Automotive Industry
- Motor Shows
- New Low Emission Cars
- Fuel Technology
- About Green Cars
Green Car Guide
Green Car Reviews
Green Car Features
Green Car News
Electric Car Guide
Nissan DeltaWing tested in Europe
April 3, 2012 by Green Car Guide
The ultra-efficient Nissan DeltaWing Le Mans 24 Hours contender is now being tested in Europe.
The Nissan DeltaWing will debut at this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans as an additional 56th entry - an opportunity reserved by the event organisers the Automobile Club de l'Ouest for vehicles featuring new and innovative technologies.
Nissan is providing the 1.6 litre turbocharged engine for the DeltaWing, and Nissan technical personnel have been embedded within the DeltaWing team.
Michelin also has embedded personnel in the programme with the car running unique development tyres previously unseen in international sportscar competition. The front tyres on the Nissan DeltaWing are only four inches wide.
The Nissan DeltaWing is heading to its European test programme after a week of testing at the world's toughest sportscar course, Sebring International Raceway.
Related Articles >>
- Nissan DeltaWing experimental Le Mans racecar
- Nissan DeltaWing tested in UK
- Michelin supplies tyres to DeltaWing
- Electric cars to get electric race tracks
- The Future of Motorsport is Green
- Paul Clarke